Saturday, October 8, 2016

Palm Springs Shooting

So I was reading some articles on fox news and came across this heart breaking story. Two police officers, Jose Gilbert Vega a thirty five year old veteran and Lesley Zerebny a twenty seven year old mother that had just given birth to her child just four months ago were shot and killed. They were responding to a family disturbance call. Story's like this make me think about how life is so short and can change in a matter of seconds. Think about it you and your partner are sitting there in the squad car after a fresh cup of coffee and glazed over donuts. You shared some laughs and story's over the short brake and then you get a dispatch call. Not knowing this would be the last time you see them you show up next thing you know shots are fired and you and your partner are on the ground and that's it. Life can not be predicted  you never know if today will be your last day or if you will ever get to see the person you love again. I think we all need to slow down our lives and stop taking some things for granted and enjoy what we have while we have it. I started to tear up when I read this story. I began to think about what if that was my uncle or what if that was my mom. I know what it feels like to lose someone you love and close to your hearts to something as tragic as this. So to the families of these two police officers I send my condolences. I guess the point of me blogging about this is to not take things for granted and t enjoy life while you can.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/08/3-police-officers-shot-in-palm-springs-2-dead-and-another-wounded-manhunt-ongoing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment